The Compact Faye Sing B is a high fidelity modern phaser that traces its roots to the classic Musitronics/Schulte-style optical phase platform. Unlike the classics, though, the CFS B provides greatly extended LFO speed range (from 90+ second sweeps all the way to 900+Hz ring mod), more headroom, wider sweep range, and little to no noise. And, as Infanem's third generation of phasing, the CFS B improves not just on the classics but on earlier Infanem designs: the controls are more intuitive and effective, the LFO is smoother, components are higher quality, and current draw is reduced.
- 4 stages of optical modulation: a more subtle sound.
- 6 stages of optical modulation: the classic Mutron stage count and a good all around setting.
- 8 stages of optical modulation: Schulte-style krautrock-friendly excess.
OSC. SPEED RANGE-
- LOW: Sweeps from 90+ seconds (0.01 Hz) to approximately 1 second (1 Hz). Slow atmospheric range.
- HIGH: Sweeps from about 5 seconds (0.2 Hz) to 0.07 seconds (14 Hz). Conventional phase range.
- RING: Sweeps from 10 Hz to over 900 Hz. Pseudo-ring mod.
-Because of the limitations of optical phasing, modulation depth reduces at higher speeds in RING.
RATE- Controls the speed of modulation. When using the RATE CV/EXP input, this pot is disconnected and replaced with the inserted expression pedal or CV source.
- LOWER: Controls the lowest frequency that the LFO sweep reaches. Full clockwise extends well into the bass frequencies for throbbing, gutteral, extreme sounds. Lower settings are more conventional phase sounds. Full counterclockwise stops the modulation and allows for stalled phase sounds to be set with the UPPER knob.
- UPPER: Controls the highest frequency that the LFO sweep reaches. Full clockwise extends well into the treble for airy, bright sounds. Lower settings allow for narrower, darker sweeps.
MIX- Controls the amount of clean signal blended in with the phase shifted signal. Conventional phase sounds can be had in the middle third of the travel. The counterclockwise third acts like a clean blend, enabling more clarity and less phasing. The clockwise third blends from phase to vibrato tones. Hard clockwise with SWEEP LIMIT knobs maxed out creates a deep, detuned vibrato.
FDBK- Controls feedback/resonance within the phasing circuit. Higher settings create a peakier, more pronounced phase sounds.
BOOST- Allows for a volume boost when the pedal is engaged. Counterclockwise is unity gain while higher settings allow for up to 15dB gain.
- Top-mounted jacks. Right to left: Input (IN), output (OUT), power, and RATE CV/EXP.
- Standard Boss-style 2.1mm 9VDC input, negative tip. Current draw is approximately 150mA.
- RATE CV/EXP: allows for external control of the LFO rate
-With expression pedal: Connect an expression pedal with a 10k-100k pot and wiper to tip wiring (conventional Moog/EHX style). Toe down provides faster sweeping, heel down for slower.
-With CV: Connect a 0-5V CV source using a TRS cable. Higher voltage yields higher speed.
- UPPER SWEEP LIMIT CV/EXP: Available exclusively on the 2CV edition pedal available at the Infanem direct store.
-Manual phasing with expression pedal: Connect an expression pedal with a 10k-100k pot and wiper to tip wiring (conventional Moog/EHX style). Set the LOWER SWEEP LIMIT at full counterclockwise to stall the LFO. Use the expression pedal's treadle to sweep or set the stalled frequency: toe down for treble, heel down for bass.
--UPPER SWEEP LIMIT control with expression pedal: Connect an expression pedal with a 10k-100k pot and wiper to tip wiring (conventional Moog/EHX style). Use the expression pedal's treadle to set the upper sweep limit frequency: toe down for wider sweeps into treble, heel down for narrower sweeps that extend only into the bass or midrange.
-CV input control of phase sweep: Connect a 0-5V CV source using a TRS cable. When using CV in this input, the UPPER and LOWER SWEEP LIMIT and RATE controls are inactive.
- True bypass switching.
- 1590BB Hammond enclosure (4.7 x3.7 in) in brushed aluminum with black graphics. All screen printing, machining, and assembly done in-house in Oakland, CA.
- Internal voltage conversion provides components with isolated bipolar +-12V while using standard 9VDC power. This increases headroom and keeps the circuit dead silent in nearly every setting.
- Double sided, through-hole plated PCBs produced in Mulino, OR and assembled in-house using Alpha potentiometers, JFET input op amps, and other quality components.